In October 2021, UC Davis affiliates may notice a slight change in the Duo Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) mobile application. The application will have an updated look and feel but there are no changes to how we use Duo.
Here’s what to look for with the change:
- Updated location of the Approve / Deny buttons so that Approve is on the right.
- Improved accessibility of the app, including the addition of a landscape view, variable font sizes, and improved color contrast.
- Guidance on restoring your accounts if you get a new phone.
- Simpler interface making it easier to find and manage your accounts.
Look for the roll-out of the new application during this timeframe:
- iOS (Apple products): October 11 – 18
- Android: October 11 – 15
If you have automatic app updates enabled on your device, you will receive the new version of Duo Mobile automatically. You can also update Duo Mobile manually from the app store.